KQKQ 98.5 FM (KQKQ) General Contest Rules
1. These rules apply to all contests conducted by KQKQ/KQKQ 98.5/KQKQ FM 98.5 unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
2. Entry Restrictions: Contestants must be legal residents of the United States and be at least 16 years old at time of winning unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the KQKQ FM 98.5, contest sponsors and any other Omaha-area radio stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members ( i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the contest.
3. Entry: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may only win one prize per person per household every thirty (30) days from KQKQ FM 98.5 and any NRG Media Omaha radio station unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. KQKQ FM 98.5 may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
Depending on the contest, the KQKQ FM 98.5 will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
• For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer, etc.). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited shall be eligible to win. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by KQKQ FM 98.5 personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (a) the order in which calls were received and (b) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the KQKQ FM 98.5’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to KQKQ FM 98.5’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant's name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant's telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage. If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
• For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
• For entry boxes contests, all entries which are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
• For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
• KQKQ FM 98.5 is not responsible for any entries, internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. KQKQ FM 98.5 is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of the KQKQ FM 98.5 and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by KQKQ FM 98.5 to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in KQKQ FM 98.5’s sole discretion. Prize(s): All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the KQKQ FM 98.5 studios at 5011 Capitol Ave, Omaha, NE 68132 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed unless specified in individual contest rules. Prizes will be released to winners only, unless prearranged with authorized staff. Winners are required to present a valid photo ID and/or social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a release form relieving KQKQ FM 98.5, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the release and/or provide a social security number, when required, will forfeit the contest prize. Prizes won from KQKQ FM 98.5 are not valid for resale.
KQKQ FM 98.5 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed. Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of KQKQ FM 98.5. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of KQKQ FM 98.5 management. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from KQKQ FM 98.5 where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants. KQKQ FM 98.5 management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by KQKQ FM 98.5.
By participating in a KQKQ FM 98.5 contest, entrants hereby agree that KQKQ FM 98.5 has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant's participation in any such contest. By participating in a KQKQ FM 98.5 contest, entrants hereby consents to the KQKQ FM 98.5 and contest sponsors' usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant's telephone call.
KQKQ FM 98.5 contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. KQKQ FM 98.5 is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
KQKQ FM 98.5 reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
Complete contest rules are available at the KQKQ FM 98.5 studios at 5011 Capitol Ave, Omaha, NE 68132 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or go online at www.Q985fm.com.
Uncharted Q Acoustic Leinie Lounge with Yuna
Draftmasters Keg Club Meeting Roja 7-30-13
Plain White T's Q Acoustic Leinie Lounge 7-18-13
Family of the Year
Draftmasters Keg Club Meeting Fox & Hound 6-21-13
Honor by August
Draftmaster Keg Club Tanners 5-22-13
Andy Grammer & Parachute 3.29.2013
Ed Sheeran Q Acoustic Leinie Lounge 3.14.13
Neon Trees 3.3.13
Lifehouse at the Whiskey Roadhouse
Missy Higgins 9-14-12
Q Bud Light Launch Party
Graffiti6 in the Cricket Wireless Q Acoustic Lounge 7/9/12
NeedToBreathe Q Acoustic 03.13.12
Pool Party 2012
All-American Rejects Q Acoustic 1.30.12
Scars On 45 10.17.11
Three Days Grace Q Acoustic 9.23.11
Sara Bareilles Q Acoustic 8.6.11
Goo Goo Dolls & Michelle Branch Q Acoustic 7.15.11
Cage The Elephant Q Acoustic 7.5.11
Q Pool Party 2011
Panic! At The Disco Q Acoustic 6.29.11
Andy Grammer Q Acoustic 6.21.11
Jack's Mannequin Q Acoustic 6.20.11